From: Special Payroll Information <SPECIAL_PAYROLL-L@LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU> On Behalf Of HR – Communications
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 8:34 AM
Subject: PageUp: Extending a Job Offer
In response to departments unintentionally extending job offers without approval in PageUp, HR has implemented a step between “Create Hire Request” and “Make Online Offer.”
This applies to unclassified searches and Special Payroll appointments:
- As usual, Hiring Departments will update their top candidate’s status to “Preliminary Offer Decided” and enter all post-interview evaluations.
- Hiring Departments will complete a “Create Hire Request,” entering the appropriate Approval Process.
- The Hire Request goes through the usual chain of approvals, with a final approval in HR.
- HR approves the hire and changes the candidate’s status to “Ready for Dept. to Make Offer.”
- The Department will now have the option to “Make Online Offer” to the candidate.
While this is an extra step for HR, this will prevent departments from unintentionally extending offers to candidates without the necessary approvals. Please remember to review all offer letter and hiring request terms and conditions (e.g., start date, salary) prior to moving a candidate to “Make Online Offer.”
This does not impact the ability of departments to conduct verbal negotiations with faculty. As usual, the department needs all approvals before extending a formal offer.
To sign up for PageUp training in February or March, please visit Learning@Work:
Human Resources will hold Open Lab sessions on the following dates and times in Training Room A, Wilbur Cross:
- 2/12/2020 8:30am-11am
- 2/18/2020 8:30am-11am
- 3/4/2020 8:30am-11am
- 3/17/2020 8:30am-11am
Please check the PageUp website periodically for updates to help documents, and please contact Workforce Solutions via firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.