From: Kuali Financial System On Behalf Of Budget – Budget Office
Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2020 8:46 AM
Subject: ** UPDATE/CORRECTION ** KFS Reminder – COVID Expenses
Correction: As I’m sure many of you realized, the IAA eDoc has been replaced by the GLT (General Ledger Transfer). Please see corrected language highlighted below. Sorry for any confusion.
As a reminder, expenses relating to COVID should be coded in KFS using Project Code COVID19. It will be extremely helpful to have any current purchases related to COVID posted to KFS prior to December 30th for reporting purposes.
Some examples of the types of expenses related to COVID are:
1. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
2. Purchasing of equipment to work remotely (Computers, cables, iPads, etc)
3. Purchase of additional cleaning materials to clean offices, bathrooms, doors, etc.
4. Additional services needed from vendors for facility services and housekeeping, etc.
5. Supplies or services related to distance learning.
So for transactions that have already posted to the general ledger that should have had the COVID19 project code, please submit the correction to add the COVID19 code via a GLT eDoc in KFS prior to December 30, 2020.
Instructions on the GLT can be found at this link: GLT Procedure Guide If the link does not work for you, please visit https://pmo.its.uconn.edu/training/ and click on “Access Our Knowledgebase.” All KFS learning tools and procedure guides are listed on that page.