The online portal for AAUP/OVPR Faculty Travel Funding requests is now open. Funds can be requested for items occurring July 1 – Dec. 31, 2020.
Due to the out-of-state travel ban, and in consultation with the UConn AAUP leadership, we have established temporary, special instructions for submitting funding requests during the pandemic.
- Virtual conference or professional development:
- You may submit a request now
- Please type “VIRTUAL” in the Destination field. This, combined with entering a dollar amount only in the Registration field, will serve as clear identification of this type of submission for reviewers.
- In-state conference or professional development:
- You may submit a request now
- Please type “In-state” along with city/state in the Destination field
- Out-of-state conference or professional development:
- Faculty should wait to submit a request until after the travel ban has lifted.
- Requests will not be reviewed or approved at this time
- Out-of-state essential research travel:
- Out-of-state essential research travel must first be approved by the Office of the Provost. Each request should include an explanation of why this travel is essential at this time, and how you will ensure your safety and the safety of others in the course of your travel. Each request will be evaluated and a response will be provided.
- Afteryou have obtained approval from the Office of the Provost, you may submit a funding request.
- Email a copy of the Provost’s Office approval to email@example.com at the same time as you submit your funding request.
- Requests for funding for out-of-state travel without an approved exception will not be reviewed or approved.
These special temporary measures will help minimize confusion and cancellation burdens for staff and faculty. Once the travel ban has lifted, we will send announcement that faculty may resume submitting requests as normal.
Both AAUP and OVPR pools may support virtual conferences. The AAUP pool remains the sole source for Attendance Only, and the OVPR pool remains restricted to Active Participation (presenting current research). Requests will continue to be reviewed in the order in which they are received, including after travel restrictions have been lifted. Trips spanning funding periods or fiscal years will be considered part of the period or year in which the greater number of travel days occur.
Traveling further in the future?
|Trips occurring…||Request window will open…|
|Jan. 1 – June 30, 2021||Nov. 1, 2020 (subject to change)|
|July 1 – Dec. 31, XXXX||June 1, 2021|
Please be sure to review the OVPR’s Faculty Travel Funding Program Guidelines for:
- information about limits and how to use the awards,
- background about how requests are considered and processed,
- confirming required pre-approvals,
- requesting changes or notifying of cancellations,
- reimbursement deadlines,
- online portal access,
- and more!
Requests will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to the popularity of this program and demand exceeding supply of funds, faculty are encouraged to apply as soon as they are aware of the travel opportunity (after the travel bans have lifted). Funds are limited, and awards are not guaranteed.
Requests should be submitted at least 10 days prior to departure to ensure adequate time for processing. Requests submitted fewer than 10 days prior to departure may not be processed, and funding requests cannot be granted once travel has commenced.
For more information, contact: OVPR at firstname.lastname@example.org