The message below was sent out on March 14th as part of the UConn Coronavirus Daily Update. This is a reminder of how to code expenses related to COVID-19:
Over the next several weeks UConn will be incurring unusual expenses attributable to Coronavirus. It is important that departments add additional identifiers to Travel, e-docs, Requisitions, and Purchase Orders for these expenses directly associated with the prevention of COVID-19. Some of the types of expenses that we would consider to be unusual:
- Non-refundable Travel Costs because of Coronavirus
- Purchasing of equipment to work remotely (Computers, cables, iPads, etc.)
- Purchase of office and research supplies as a result of Coronavirus
- Purchase of additional cleaning materials to clean offices, bathrooms, doors, etc.
- Additional services needed from UConn vendors for facility services and housekeeping
This list is not all inclusive and ask yourself if the expense you are incurring is a normal expense or because of the current situation with Coronavirus.
Please follow these instructions when coding your expenses:
In Concur, add the following identifier COVID19 to this field:
In Husky Buy, add the following identifier COVID19 to this field:
Kuali Financial Systems:
In KFS, add the following identifier COVID19 to this field:
For items purchased and already posted to KFS:
If you have already purchased an item or service related to COVID-19 and it has posted to KFS, please complete an IAA (Intra-Account Adjustment) edoc to update the Project field.
Need additional help? We are here to help you:
Kuali Financial Systems – KFS
Lori-Anne Hansen – Associate Controller
Nancy Patrylak – Procurement Manager
Concur – Travel
Dan Warren – Director