Coding of Coronavirus Expenses in Concur, Husky Buy and KFS
Over the next several weeks UConn will be incurring unusual expenses attributable to Coronavirus. It is important that departments add additional identifiers to Travel, e-docs, Requisitions, and Purchase Orders for these expenses directly associated with the prevention of COVID-19. Some of the types of expenses that we would consider to be unusual:
- Non-refundable Travel Costs because of Coronavirus
- Purchasing of equipment to work remotely (Computers, cables, iPads, etc.)
- Purchase of office and research supplies as a result of Coronavirus
- Purchase of additional cleaning materials to clean offices, bathrooms, doors, etc.
- Additional services needed from UConn vendors for facility services and housekeeping
This list is not all inclusive and ask yourself if the expense you are incurring is a normal expense or because of the current situation with Coronavirus.
Please follow these instructions when coding your expenses:
In Concur, add the following identifier COVID19 to this field:
In Husky Buy, add the following identifier COVID19 to this field:
Kuali Financial Systems:
In KFS, add the following identifier COVID19 to this field:
For items purchased and already posted to KFS:
If you have already purchased an item or service related to COVID-19 and it has posted to KFS, please complete an IAA (Intra-Account Adjustment) edoc to update the Project field.
Need additional help? We are here to help you:
Kuali Financial Systems – KFS
Lori-Anne Hansen – Associate Controller
Nancy Patrylak – Procurement Manager
Concur – Travel
Dan Warren – Director