On April 28, 2021, the Connecticut General Assembly approved the collective bargaining agreement between the University and UAW Local 6950, covering Postdoctoral Research Associates. The contract is available on the HR website.
Human Resources has updated the template offer letter to reflect required changes, based on the contract, and the template is available on HR’s Offer Letter page and within PageUp.
Additions to the letter include:
- Contact information for the hiring department. Departments will need to input the appropriate name and contact information;
- Funding source field titled Grant Funded (this field defaults to Yes but departments can update to No, as appropriate);
- Links to the HR benefits website and the University’s non-discrimination policy;
- Contact information for International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS);
- A notification of the employee’s opportunity to develop and discuss an Individual Development Plan with their PI; and
- A statement and link recognizing that the appointment is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Please begin using the updated offer letter immediately, and feel free to refer questions to email@example.com.