Template for email to send link to applicant:
Special Payroll Applicant
In order to process a hire request for your (position title), the University requires all applicants for Special Payroll positions to provide an up-to-date resume and to submit an application through this link: [INSERT DEPARTMENT SEARCH/REQUISITION LINK HERE – LINK FROM NOTES/DOCUMENTS]. This is required of all new and re-hired special payroll employees.
In order to process a hire request for your (position title), the University requires that you provide an up-to-date resume and to submit an application through this link: [INSERT DEPARTMENT SEARCH/REQUISITION LINK HERE – LINK FROM NOTES/DOCUMENTS].
Applicant Status Update
NEW: When doing hire request, PageUp will stop you from updating status to “make online offer” until you have HR approval to hire. HR has added in a stop to the system so that departments cannot update to make online offer before HR approves. In order to Make Online Offer, the status needs to say Ready for Dept to Make Online Offer. In the future, you should not have to expect to contact HR to update the status to “Ready for Dept to Make Offer.”
Offer Letter Information
Please add job duties (particularly special payroll) to the offer letter generated by PageUp. You will need to add this to the letter before submitting hire request to HR. This will require you to download the offer letter from PageUp and re-upload the updated offer letter.
Once you get HR approval to hire, OL cannot be changed -> you will have to contact HR for them to make this change before updating status to Make Online Offer.
- If offer accepted and you then need to change letter, contact HR and ask that the letter be revised. Note that the applicant acceptance will be rescinded, revised OL uploaded by HR, you will need to notify candidate to accept the updated offer.
Hire Request Information
Initiator/proxy for full search should put themselves in as department feedback user. This will allow you to view, input comments, and/or edit comments. If DH or search committee chair is department feedback user you will not see any pre/post interview evaluations.
Salary in Page-Up: don’t put $ symbol
After applicant accepts online offer, applicant has to fill out onboarding information form before a hire transaction can be processed in Core. Follow up with applicant after a couple of days (if you can’t process in Core) and remind them to fill out form.
New NetID format: ex. les02011-1234
- Same NetID but different 4-digit extension is issued with each Page-Up hire
- Be sure to select correct NetID when doing SmartHR transaction
- To check if using correct one, look at prepopulated job info
Core-CT Regular Payroll Hire Information
The hire transactions for Classified and Unclassified employees in CoreCT will be processed by Payroll using the information carried over from PageUp. You will no longer have access to the templates! Payroll will be processing the transactions close to the start date, therefore any information that may have changed between the PageUp hire request and the time of the hire, such as coding information, will need to be processed in either a funding or data change after the hire transaction has been completed.
Audit/Waiver Search and Hire Requests
Now a 2 step process
- Department creates new job – selects A/W for search request
- Attach justification for hire and job description only.
- CAHNR process for initial search request approval: Initiator submits to UH for approval; UH approves and submits for HR approval. DH will be able to view when approving hire request.
- HR will notify department when search request is approved and link to send to applicant will be in the Notes/Documents section.
- Department sends link to applicant; once applicant applies department creates hire request which then goes through the normal search workflow approval.
Split Coding/Allotment on Special Payroll Appointments
When you need to split coding for a special payroll appointment in order to allot a specific dollar amount for a specific amount of time, you will need to submit two separate PageUp hire requests. Since PageUp appointments feed directly to SmartHR, you would need to split them up in PageUp to accomplish the same split in Core. For example: You have an employee with a six month appointment and you want them to receive a total of $6000. For the first two months you want to pay them $2000 from KFS #1234567; and then $4000 for the remaining four months on KFS #7654321. This would require two separate PageUp and Smart HR transactions.